LLDB vs. powerpc (32-bit) atomic 8-byte operations that are missing: Should llvm bugzilla "blocks powerpc FreeBSD" list this?

Mark Millard markmi at dsl-only.net
Mon Nov 14 10:32:08 UTC 2016

Its been a while since I checked but last I knew both of the following were true for powerpc (32-bit):

A) LLDB requires 8-byte wide atomic operations

B) FreeBSD/clang3.8.0 do not provide implementations of at least some of those operations for powerpc (32-bit).

Is this something for FreeBSD to address? llvm?

Is this something else that llvm bugzilla should also list as an item that blocks FreeBSD having clang/lldb as the system toolchain for 32-bit powerpc FreeBSD? ("Yes" if llvm has to provide the fixes; "no" if llvm is not to provide the fixes.)

(I do not list here the other things pending for llvm to allow clang as the FreeBSD system compiler for powerpc (32-bit) or for powerpc64. This year llvm trunk had fixes checked in to several of the issues.)

===
Mark Millard
markmi at dsl-only.net