boost/asio/ip/resolver_query_base.hpp:96:3: warning: all paths through this function will call itself

Dimitry Andric dim at FreeBSD.org
Sun Mar 27 21:30:12 UTC 2016

On 25 Mar 2016, at 20:15, Willem Jan Withagen <wjw at digiware.nl> wrote:
> Any suggestions why I'm getting this warning/error in the ceph code:
>
> In file included from log/Log.cc:12:
> In file included from /usr/local/include/boost/asio.hpp:63:
> In file included from /usr/local/include/boost/asio/ip/basic_resolver.hpp:24:
> In file included from /usr/local/include/boost/asio/ip/basic_resolver_query.hpp:21:
> /usr/local/include/boost/asio/ip/resolver_query_base.hpp:96:3: warning: all paths through this function will call
>      itself [-Winfinite-recursion]
>
> Could be a boost error, but I have not seen any upgrades to a newer version.

It's a boost bug.  You can apply this trivial upstream fix:

https://github.com/boostorg/asio/commit/9e757605709cace0fc048ad284b2d6aa3ae784ac

-Dimitry