Duplicate OPT_ entries in gcc/options.h

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Wed Jun 8 19:11:51 UTC 2016

I got a user report, and could reproduce this, that building
GCC (lang/gcc, but also current HEAD, so probably pretty much
any version) with FreeBSD 11 and LANG = en_US.UTF-8 we get
conflicting entires in $BUILDDIR/gcc/options.h such as

  OPT_d = 135,                               /* -d */
  OPT_D = 136,                               /* -D */
  OPT_d = 137,                               /* -d */
  OPT_D = 138,                               /* -D */
  OPT_d = 141,                               /* -d */
  OPT_D = 142,                               /* -D */
  OPT_d = 143,                               /* -d */

Using LANG = en_US (without UTF-8), everything works fine.

Any ideas what might be going on here?  (This is done via
AWK scripts from what I can tell, does this trigger any
ideas?)

Gerald