Problems with out libgcc_s.so in base

Diane Bruce db at db.net
Sun Aug 14 23:34:34 UTC 2016

On Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 04:03:51PM -0700, Steve Kargl wrote:

> > The reason ports gcc now has this requirment on 4.6 or better is
> > fortran standard says we have to support quad floating point math.
> > e.g. /usr/local/lib/gccXX/libquadmath.so
>
> Diane,
>
> Can you please stop with the dis-information?  No Fortran standard

I'm happy to be corrected. In this case it's immaterial if it is a
Fortran standard or not. It is what our present gcc from ports has given us.

> FreeBSD-ports could avoid libquadmath issues by building gcc
> without it.  See --without-libquadmath or --without-quadmath (I
> don't remember the config option because it would be questionable
> to neuter one of gfortran's strength).

Correct. This blog entry I read some months ago outlines this
exact problem we are having and suggests the identical solution.

http://glennklockwood.blogspot.ca/2014/02/linux-perf-libquadmath-and-gfortrans.html

quadmath does have an impact on performance.

> Freebsd-ports could also use a wrapper:
> % cat ~/bin/gfc7
> #! /bin/sh
> DIR=`id -P sgk | sed 's/\:/\ /g' | awk '{print $9}'`
> export DIR
>
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DIR/work/7/lib
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> LD_RUN_PATH=$DIR/work/7/lib
> export LD_RUN_PATH
>
> $DIR/work/7/bin/gfortran -fno-backtrace $@

Yes. I have also suggested we use a wrapper to the ports guys.

- Diane
--
- db at FreeBSD.org db at db.net http://www.db.net/~db