Failed to build usr.bin/clang/clang with gcc 4.9

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 30 16:08:05 UTC 2015

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 1:52 PM, Dimitry Andric <dim at freebsd.org> wrote:

> And none of these prints any compilation command lines?  Are you running
> with make -s, by any chance?  If so, try removing it so we can see how
> the various source files are being compiled.

I am not using make -s.  If you  look at the log file, the full make
invocation I used
is captured at the top of the log file.  I used NO_CLEAN and NO_KERNELCLEAN.

I wiped out the object tree, and tried again.  I managed to successfully
buildworld, as long as I skipped building all the boot directories.

Here is the new log file:

https://people.freebsd.org/~rodrigc/gcc/buildworld.2015_03_29_2.log.txt

There are many warnings which need to be cleaned up over time.  I
saw this one which looked a bit weird:

/usr/local/bin/x86_64-freebsd-ld: error in
/usr/obj/opt2/branches/head/lib32/usr/lib32/crt1.o(.eh_frame);
no .eh_frame_hdr table will be created.

--
Craig