Lock annotations: enable them for libpthread, libstdthreads

Ed Schouten ed at 80386.nl
Sat Aug 30 05:33:31 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 28 August 2014 19:34, Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl> wrote:
> My gut feeling is that impact is minimal. Buildworlds seem to take
> approximately the same time, mainly because we don't have that many
> annotated objects/functions/expressions. I will do some measurements.

Some measurements: I've done five 'make buildworlds' with
-Wthread-safety and five without. This was just a single-threaded
build (no -j). Real time to build world:

-Wthread-safety

1:12:55.60
1:12:48.81
1:12:56.33
1:12:44.58
1:12:48.14

-Wno-thread-safety

1:12:50.50
1:12:52.43
1:12:48.20
1:12:42.85
1:12:43.19

That said, this a pretty fast box (i7 4770) with 32 GB of RAM.
Unfortunately, I currently don't have any system running FreeBSD that
is significantly slower than that. So if you still have any concerns
regarding build times, I would really appreciate it if you'd test this
patch yourself.

Thanks,
--
Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl>