Removing default build of gcc

Dimitry Andric dim at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jan 25 21:51:24 UTC 2013

On 2013-01-25 21:54, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> I am aware a fix is being worked on. I think that as long as
> the default compiler/C++ library works it is OK to make things
> easier for other compilers. I am OK with having that change in
> -current but for 9.x it is simply unacceptable.

Actually, clang with libc++ works fine, and both clang and gcc with
libstdc++ don't...

If the problem is caused by the switchable libsupc++.so backend lib, I
would have no trouble with reverting that.  But do we know that for sure
at this point?  I have not spent enough time looking deeply into the
issue.

I did notice that libsupc++ .So objects get linked into libstdc++.so,
even while they are also in libsupc++.so.  Maybe that is causing trouble?