[patch] DEBUG_FLAGS cleanup

Erik Cederstrand erik at cederstrand.dk
Wed Jan 23 08:23:45 UTC 2013

Hello folks,

Attached is a patch to clean up unconditional use of "-g" in Makefiles, instead respecting the global DEBUG_FLAGS setting.

I need this as part of my quest to support deterministic builds. Currently, debug information contains stuff like timestamps, absolute paths etc. that make binaries non-deterministic, and Clang lacks the necessary flags to rectify this. So I'd like DEBUG_FLAGS="" to actually work everywhere.

I'd be thankful for feedback and help committing the changes if it's OK.

Thanks,
Erik