Fast sigblock (AKA rtld speedup)

Konstantin Belousov kostikbel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 07:38:50 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jan 08, 2013 at 10:02:22AM -0500, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> I think it would be great if it works, I just haven't had time to fully
> understand your more recent patch.  If you feel it's safe and maybe do a
> few test programs to see what happens, that would be best.

I revived the test programs I used during the development of the patch, see
http://people.freebsd.org/~kib/misc/fast_sigblock.c
http://people.freebsd.org/~kib/misc/fast_sigblock2.c

Also, I adapted the code to the specific case you asked about, in
http://people.freebsd.org/~kib/misc/fast_sigblock3.c
When run from the shell, it reports 'Killed'.