Fast sigblock (AKA rtld speedup)

Alfred Perlstein bright at mu.org
Mon Jan 7 20:42:04 UTC 2013

On 1/7/13 1:22 PM, Konstantin Belousov wrote:
> Below is the forward of the patch for which I failed to obtain a private
> review. Might be, the list generates more responses.
Very cool.

Sorry for being rusty here, but is it safe to call fuword in the middle
of issignal()?

The reason I ask is because it looks like proc lock is required for this
block, and I forget it fuword(9) can fault.

If fuword(9) can fault then I don't think you can do this.

You'll need to use something like fuswintr(9) or wire the page down
using vslock(9) or something.

I am probably missing something?

-Alfred