DragonFly added support for ELF preinit, init, and fini arrays

Konstantin Belousov kostikbel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 16:16:59 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 08:22:02PM -0500, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> Hello;
>
> FYI, this commit in DragonFly seems interesting:
>
> http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/commits/2012-02/msg00146.html
>
> It appears like linux had them from a while and some years ago they started
> using them for C++ in gcc:

> cheers,
If you read the commit message, you will notice something at the end.

I have WIP patches to add support for the init arrays to our rtld.
It is not tested yet, and I want to ponder more about the ABI changes
in csu that I introduce.

In fact, I am more interested in having answer to the question, what
immediate and long-term use do we have for the feature. Also, I want
non-artificial test cases for DT_INIT_ARRAY and DT_FINI_ARRAY.

http://people.freebsd.org/~kib/misc/init_array.1.patch