How to build an executable with profiling?

Steve Kargl sgk at troutmask.apl.washington.edu
Mon Jan 17 18:44:12 UTC 2011

How does one build an executable for profiling with clang?

clang -o testf -O2 -march=native -pipe -static -pg -I/usr/local/include -I../mp testf.c -L/usr/local/lib -L../mp -lsgk -lmpfr -lgmp -L/usr/home/kargl/work/lib -lm_clang_p
clang: warning: the clang compiler does not support '-pg'

I suppose it will be pointless to ask, but shouldn't clang
support one of the most basic gcc compiler options if clang
is to replace gcc as the base system compiler?

--
Steve