[head tinderbox] failure on powerpc64/powerpc

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Sat Aug 21 21:54:11 UTC 2010

Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn at freebsd.org> writes:
> I'm the first to admit that many of the config tricks involved in this
> port, and GENERIC64, are ugly hacks, largely because config(8) was not
> designed with such things in mind.

It's not just "config tricks and ugly hacks", it also violates the
assumption that target names are unique.

> To address the immediate problem, I think the best solution is to use
> the -m option to config to reject kernel configs for different
> architectures,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean (or rather, how it would help
the tinderbox).  What *would* help would be an easy way to determine,
*before* trying to build it, whether a specific kernel config is
appropriate for a specific target.  Can you think of an easier way to do
this than to scan the config for the "machine" line?

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no