Unlocking a robust mutex in a cleanup handler

Dimitri Staessens dimitri.staessens at intec.ugent.be
Tue Dec 6 14:20:17 UTC 2016

Dear Konstantin,

thanks for your immediate response. Please find attached a minimal code
example. I do hope I'm sending in the correct format, I'm new to the
community.

The test creates an integer, robust mutex and condition variable in
shared memory. A thread blocks on that condition variable with the
associated mutex. After one second, the main thread cancels the blocking
thread.

I compile as follows:

gcc robust_test.c -lpthread -lrt -o robust_test

and run

./robust_test

On linux it gives the following output:
[dstaesse at phoneutria]$ ./robust_test
Initializing...
Starting thread...
Sleeping for one second...
Thread started...
Cancelling thread...
Thread finished.
Bye.

On FreeBSD I get the following:
$ ./robust_test
Initializing...
Starting thread...
Sleeping for one second...
Thread started...
Cancelling thread...
Fatal error 'inact_mtx enter' at line 188 in file
/usr/src/lib/libthr/thread/thr_mutex.c (errno = 0)
Abort trap (core dumped)

Thanks again for your time,

Dimitri

--