Troubles with BIND + r276630 (/r277317 MFC)

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Fri Feb 13 20:48:53 UTC 2015

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 10:44:43AM +0200 I heard the voice of
Konstantin Belousov, and lo! it spake thus:

> Start with ktrace/kdump around the place where the error is thrown
> out.
>
> Does 'reload' involves full process restart, or only
> reinitialization of the existing program ?

Doing the full start of named.

The I/O err in isc_lex_gettoken() appears only triggered when getc()
hits EOF.  ktrace is a little tough to get through with all the
threads.  But the thread that logs that error tracing back from that
error being sent out a fd does stuff that looks like prepping for
syslog like getpid, and then (priorly; working backward) read()'s the
file apparently just peachy.

RET   read 228/0xe4
% wc empty.db
      11      38     228 empty.db

and the text reads just fine.  So something is getting squirreled up
above the syscall level.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net