GDB Non-Stop Mode: Supported in FreeBSD?

John Schumacher schumjs at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 19:20:54 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I was wondering if gdb had support in FreeBSD to suspend one thread and run
the rest. This is one flavor of an option called non-stop mode in gdb, and
can be issued through the following commands:

(gdb) set target-async 1
(gdb) set pagination off
(gdb) set non-stop on
(gdb) file foo
Reading symbols from foo...done.
(gdb) run -d
The target does not support running in non-stop mode.

In this case, the 'target' is FreeBSD. Does this mean that FreeBSD does not
support this? Should I try using a different threading library? I am
currently using the pthreads implementation in "lib_thr".

Thanks!
--
John Schumacher