libthr does not obey WITHOUT_SYSCALL_COMPAT

Daniel Eischen deischen at freebsd.org
Sun Mar 8 21:28:21 PDT 2009

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009, David Xu wrote:

> Pawel Worach wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> If libc is built using WITHOUT_SYSCALL_COMPAT applications linked with
>> libthr end up having unresolved symbols since libthr references
>> __fcntl_compat unconditionally.
>> Here is a patch to make libthr also obey WITHOUT_SYSCALL_COMPAT
>> http://www.vlakno.cz/~pwo/libthr.diff
>>
>> Regards
>
> Committed!

I never got around to replying to this...

I don't quite understand why __fcntl_compat is there.  We have
F_GETFD, F_SETFD, F_DUPFD, F_DUP2FD, F_GETFL, F_SETFL, F_GETOWN,
and F_SETOWN according to fcntl(2).  But thr_syscalls.c only
handles F_DUPFD, F_SETFD, F_SETFL, F_GETFD, and F_GETFL, leaving
F_DUP2FD, F_GETOWN, and F_SETOWN to be handled by the default
case.  And the default case does nothing now if WITHOUT_SYSCALL_COMPAT
is defined.  So how do F_DUP2FD, F_GETOWN, and F_SETOWN get
handled?

Do we really need to call __sys_fcntl_compat() from libthr?
When did the ABI change, before or after libc.so.7?

--
DE