threads/136345: Recursive read rwlocks in thread A cause deadlock with write lock in thread B

Nick Esborn nick at desert.net
Thu Jul 16 17:56:58 UTC 2009

On Jul 16, 2009, at 10:53 AM, Attilio Rao wrote:

> 2009/7/16 Nick Esborn <nick at desert.net>:
>>

>> KDB, DDB, SCHED_ULE, and PREEMPTION are already turned on.  I will
>> try
>> FULL_PREEMPTION, INVARIANT_SUPPORT, INVARIANTS, and WITNESS, but
>> when I
>> first upgraded to 8.0, this server was unable to handle its
>> workload with
>> the INVARIANTS and WITNESS options turned on.
>
> What do you mean with 'unable'? What was happening precisely?

System time would rise during periods of peak demand, and the system
would quickly fall behind on its workload of queries.

However, I have some hardware I can dedicate to this, and only run the
one MySQL data set which exhibits this problem.  That should be enough
of a workload reduction to allow the server to keep up even with all
the above options turned on.

-nick

--
nick at desert.net - all messages cryptographically signed