threads/128922: threads hang with xorg running

Peter Dreight dreigcht at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 03:30:05 PST 2008

The following reply was made to PR threads/128922; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Peter Dreight" <dreigcht at gmail.com>
To: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: threads/128922: threads hang with xorg running
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 14:02:17 +0300

 ------=_Part_56596_23614366.1227006137300

 Some additional information:

 The example works fine on FreeBSD 6.3:
    when linked with libpthread (-lpthread)
   or
    when linked with libthr  (-lthr)

 The example works fine on FreeBSD 7.0 and 7.1:
     when linked with libkse  (-lkse)

 The example does not work and threads hang as I described earlier:
     when linked with lthr (-lthr or -lpthread that is the same on FreeBSD
 7).

 Therefore it seems to me that there is some problem in the new version
 of the library "libthr" included in FreeBSD 7.0 and 7.1.

 ------=_Part_56596_23614366.1227006137300

 of the library &quot;libthr&quot; included in FreeBSD 7.0 and 7.1.<br>

 ------=_Part_56596_23614366.1227006137300--