threads/119920: fork broken in libpthread

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Mon Feb 4 12:13:24 PST 2008

Robert Watson wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, Daniel Eischen wrote:
>
>>> dan what IS the fix for this?  I assume you must have fixed it in
>>> -current/7
>>
>> You want cvs diff -u -r1.126 -r1.128 src/lib/libkse/thread/thr_kern.c.
>> The WARNS'ify diffs are not necessary, so it should look something
>> like shown below.  Probably an MFC of all of libkse (minus jasone's
>> malloc changes) should be done to -7 and -6.
>
> Should the patch be considered for an errata notice for 6.x?  Should we
> be trying to MFC this to 7.x for inclusion with 7.0 or does it need more
> time to shake out and should potentially be a 7.0 errata notice or just
> appear in 7.1?

I have MFC'd this to RELENG_6 RELENG_7 and RELENG_7_0
with blessing from kensmith.
We will add an errata for 6.3 and maybe even put it in the 6.3 branch.

I have seen -current machines actually crash (the whole machine)
without this patch but haven't figured out the mechanism yet.
(I have one in the lab in this state now.. will go look at it soon)(