Symbol versioning errors in libthr

Daniel Eischen deischen at freebsd.org
Mon Feb 4 09:10:37 PST 2008

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:

> Daniel Eischen <deischen at freebsd.org> writes:
>> I question the bumping of FBSDprivate to 1.1.  FBSDprivate is special,
>> it is only for use in our base system, and our supported method of
>> updating our system is buildworkd/buildkernel - so any changes to
>> FBSDprivate should be unnoticed.
>
> A whole lot of assumptions there.  Bumping FBSDprivate costs nothing and
> might save our a***s down the road if one of those assumptions turn out
> to be false.

If there is a need for it, it can be bumped.  There is no need as
yet.  The only need for bumping private is for an ABI change, and
if that ABI change cannot be picked up in a buildworld.  This is
what FBSDprivate was designed for.

> (unless you can show that it's actually harmful in some way?)

Please do not bump private, it was never meant to be bumped like
this.

--
DE