6.2-Release and Clamd 0.90 with libpthread.so

Martin Blapp mb at imp.ch
Sat Feb 24 18:06:37 UTC 2007

Hi,

>> Running ktrace with libc_r or libthr I can't see a single call to fork().
>> Is ktrace lying to me ? Why do I only see fork()s with libpthread ?
>
> The kse upcalls might look like forks to ktrace?

That could be. Is it easy to fix this for ktrace ?

Anyway, that still doesn't solve the problem for me, since
clamd with libpthreads is extremly CPU hungry and is slow.

I really miss something to profile like strace on solaris to
see where it spends most CPU cycles. The problem is not that
it doesn't work, the problem is that it works far too slow.

Do you have any ideas ?

Martin