Non preemptive thread implementations

dbala dharrini at yahoo-inc.com
Fri Jun 30 11:21:47 UTC 2006

Is there any way programs can be compiled so they switch at I/O but there is
no attempt to give all the threads equal time slices?

Using a non-preemptive thread package like GNU Pth doesn't help me because I
need to redirect I/O functions from a library (Oracle's libclntsh) that lead
into libc/c_r to the replacement APIs in the non-preemptive thread package:
I can do this for direct calls from libclntsh to libc/c_r, but I have a
problem with functions like gethostbyname() in libc/c_r that make calls like
connect() and socket() internally.