a couple of issues with libthr

Daniel Eischen deischen at freebsd.org
Thu Jul 27 10:41:13 UTC 2006

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Kip Macy wrote:

> I'm running -CURRENT as of yesterday.
>
> The function thr_set_name is only defined in libc.so.7, so as far as I
> can tell the only way to get java to work on current with libthr is by
> mapping libc.so.6 to libc.so.7. The function thr_set_name is only used
> by libthr, so libthr seems like a *much* smarter place to put it.

No, the problem is that libthr (and libpthread, libc_r probably
too) need a version bump but haven't been bumped yet.  That
will happen, but we need some more time to address some related
issues and whether all the other libraries need bumping too.
As always in -current, you may need to rebuild ports.  In this
case, you need to rebuild java so it will link to libc.so.7,
not libc.so.6.

--
DE