GHC 6.4.3 on FreeBSD (fwd)

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Fri Aug 11 04:01:25 UTC 2006

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 01:47:06PM +0100 I heard the voice of
Simon Marlow, and lo! it spake thus:

> If I attach using gdb to a hung process, I see this:
>
> (gdb) where
> #0  0x2897146b in pthread_testcancel () from /usr/lib/libpthread.so.2

FWIW, when I was trying (with no knowledge of what I was doing ;) to
get the ghc port to build on -CURRENT, using both 6.x and 5.x
bootstrap binaries, they would lock themselves up at 100% with a
ktrace showing them calling pthread_testcancel()'s as fast as my disk
could fill up with the ktrace log.  I'd actually assumed it was some
mismatch with trying to run the 6/5 binaries on the 7 system, but I
guess not...

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net