kern/86029: undefined reference to `_thread_dump_info'

Daniel Eischen deischen at freebsd.org
Wed Sep 21 11:00:29 PDT 2005

The following reply was made to PR kern/86029; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Daniel Eischen <deischen at freebsd.org>
To: Christopher Sean Morrison <brlcad at mac.com>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: kern/86029: undefined reference to `_thread_dump_info'
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 13:51:13 -0400 (EDT)

 On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, Christopher Sean Morrison wrote:

 > The issue is not with libpthread  (i.e. -lpthread) but with the
 > -pthread option to gcc.  The symbol itself is provided via libc_r, not
 > libpthread.  As the bug report notes, everything works if I link
 > against -lc_r which was unexpected when already passing -pthread.

 I've already responded to this in a previous email.  -pthread
 is doing what it is suppose to, and you shouldn't be using libc_r
 on 5.x and subsequent because it is not the default threads
 library (and may be deprecated in the future).

 --
 DE