Mono's XSP crashes on browser connection

David Xu davidxu at freebsd.org
Thu Mar 3 23:37:04 GMT 2005

Jeremy Messenger wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 10:15:44 -0500, Craig Rodrigues
> <rodrigc at crodrigues.org> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 10:32:41PM +0800, David Xu wrote:
>>
>>> whether _POSIX_THREAD_PROCESS_SHARED is defined or not in
>>> source code,  but he failed to respect this macro at many places, so
>>> the
>>> macro is rather bogus.
>>

> David, thanks for dig it deeper!

So my conclusion is mono can not be used on FreeBSD, because process
sharable mutex and condition variable are not supported. it is possible
writting a special version of mutex and condition variable for mono by
using kernel umtx code, but now umtx is also broken by a FEATURE
called swappable kernel stack, otherwise, someone can just pick up
code from my private pthread library,
http://people.freebsd.org/~davidxu/libthread.tgz
in the library, mutex and condition variable structure can be put on
shared memory segments, there is no pointer in the structure, only
counter and some bit flags.

David Xu