threads/76821: Add access to gdb unique thread id

Niall Douglas s_sourceforge at nedprod.com
Sat Jan 29 10:47:54 PST 2005

On 29 Jan 2005 at 13:28, Daniel Eischen wrote:

> > It would be really handy if a unique integer could be obtained from
> > struct
> pthread_t so that one can print debug information to stdout like so:
>
> You can use pthread_getspecific() or TLS.

Doesn't help from the point of view of seeing which threads in GDB
match which debug output statements. On Linux this is easy as
pthread_t is a uint printed by gdb.

How about getting gdb to print the pthread_t pointer address instead?
I don't care what the number is, so long as I can compare the thread
listing in gdb to the debug output and it makes sense!

Cheers,
Niall