firefox stuck in kserel

Daniel Eischen deischen at freebsd.org
Sun Nov 21 06:20:49 PST 2004

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, Steve Kargl wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 07:15:41PM -0500, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> >
> > Make sure you don't have any libm.so.2/libm.so.3 problems
> > (use libmap.conf or rebuild firefox and its dependencies).
> >
> > You can try the patch at:
> >
> >   http://people.freebsd.org/~deischen/kse/libpthread.diffs
> >

> I rebuilt firefox 2 hours ago, but did not map libm.so.2
> to libm.so.3.  Perhaps, one of the plugins needs libmap.conf.
> Just tried libmap.conf.  No change.  I'll rebuild all
> dependencies and try your diff.  Thanks.

I've had a lot of problems with mozilla crashing until I added:

libm.so.2                       libm.so.3
libreadline.so.4                libreadline.so.5
libhistory.so.4                 libhistory.so.5
libopie.so.2                    libopie.so.3
libpcap.so.2                    libpcap.so.3

to libmap.conf.  I haven't rebuilt mozilla or any of the flash
plugins/other dependencies, so that was expected I guess.
I've got a fresh build of firefox, mozilla, and other ports
at work.  I'll try espn.com tomorrow or later this week.

--
DE