performance tuning

Petri Helenius pete at he.iki.fi
Mon Nov 15 13:42:27 PST 2004

Julian Elischer wrote:

>> There is work proceeding on 3 fronts.
>>
>> * libthr continues to be improved by Mike.

Is there a guideline when one should consider using libthr? I haven't
tried libthr for quite a while.

>> * libpthread is being scrutinised for ineffiencies and problems.
>>   In particular M:N performance has a lot to be desired.

I suppose this requires both userland and kernel tracing/profiling?

>> Is that the American or British meaning of Momentarily?
>> (i.e. "IN a moment" or "FOR a moment"? )   :-)

American. Do I sound like I talk funny? :-)

>> What we will really want eventually is KTR output as well as profilings.
>>
>> i.e. output of ktrdump.

Do you have set of ALQ, MASK etc. you're interested in? It would help if
I could get a ready set of options to drop into the kernel...

Pete