[Fwd: Re: Mysql - Linuxthreads : Still needed?]

Ganbold ganbold at micom.mng.net
Mon Nov 15 04:23:08 PST 2004

Some mysql benchmark I just did...

System Specs:

IBM @server 325 type 8835
Dual AMD Opteron 2.1ghz
4GB (2x2GB) PC-2700 ECC memory
6x36GB hot swap RAID5 Ultra 320 SCSI HDD
ServeRAID 6M controller

OS / Software Configuration:

FreeBSD amd.micom.mng.net 5.3-STABLE FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE #6: Thu Nov 11
21:08:50 ULAT 2004     tsgan at amd.micom.mng.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/AMD  amd64

MySQL Compiled from mysql40-server port with:

BUILD_OPTIMIZED=yes
BUILD_STATIC=yes

kernel without SMP and without PREEMPTION options
amd# cat test_nosmp_nopreemption
Query Barrel Report for client smacker
connect: max=7ms  min=2ms avg= 4ms from 30 clients
Query_type      num_queries     max_time        min_time        q_per_s
select_index    300000  4       0       3565.71
update_index    300000  4       0       3565.71

kernel without SMP and with PREEMPTION options
amd# cat test_nosmp_preemption
Query Barrel Report for client smacker
connect: max=18ms  min=1ms avg= 8ms from 30 clients
Query_type      num_queries     max_time        min_time        q_per_s
select_index    300000  6       0       3568.64
update_index    300000  4       0       3568.64

kernel with SMP and without PREEMPTION options
amd# cat test_smp_nopreemption
Query Barrel Report for client smacker
connect: max=16ms  min=5ms avg= 8ms from 30 clients
Query_type      num_queries     max_time        min_time        q_per_s
select_index    300000  4       0       3755.09
update_index    300000  3       0       3755.09

kernel with SMP and with PREEMPTION options
amd# cat test_smp_preemption
Query Barrel Report for client smacker
connect: max=14ms  min=9ms avg= 10ms from 30 clients
Query_type      num_queries     max_time        min_time        q_per_s
select_index    300000  4       0       4053.86
update_index    300000  3       0       4053.86

It seems like fastest result I get in kernel with SMP and with PREEMPTION
options.

regards,

Ganbold