Something we overlooked with MySQL and FreeBSD vs Linux?

Chris Elsworth chris at shagged.org
Mon May 31 06:58:07 PDT 2004

Sorry to drag this up again :)

I would check myself, but I don't have access to a HT enabled machine
with FreeBSD on it anymore to check the now-default setting of this
sysctl. The last entry in UPDATING records that
machdep.hlt_logical_cpus is 1, stopping user processes from using the
logical CPUs.

Is this still the case? I never knew about that to tweak it. I know, I
should have read UPDATING.

If that is still 1 as default, that might explain my 50% performance
loss on FreeBSD.

--
Chris