Why is MySQL nearly twice as fast on Linux?

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Sat May 22 13:42:05 PDT 2004

On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 04:37:09PM +0200 I heard the voice of
Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav, and lo! it spake thus:

> Excuse me for digressing, but do you threads guys have some kind of
> occupational nerve damage which prevents you from using correct
> grammar?

I'll say that my experience in just writing threaded _CODE_ is enough
to cause all kinds of nerve damage, either directly, or indirectly
through increased alcohol consumption.  I can only presume that
writing a threads _IMPLEMENTATION_ would cause the same, in increased
degree    8-}

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net