Reminder! Call for March-April 2004 Status reports (fwd)

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Wed May 12 12:59:00 PDT 2004

how about this as a start..
my little script only allows 3 names to be enterred...

<project>
  <title>Status Report Sample</title>

  <contact>
    <person>
      <name>
        <given>David</given>
        <common>Xu</common>
      </name>
      <email>davidxu at freebsd.org</email>
    </person>
    <person>
      <name>
        <given>Doug</given>
        <common>Rabson</common>
      </name>
      <email>dfr at freebsd.org</email>
    </person>
    <person>
      <name>
        <given>Julian</given>
        <common>Elischer</common>
      </name>
      <email>julian at freebsd.org</email>
    </person>
{add dan, marcel here}
  </contact>

  <links>
    <url href="http://people.freebsd.org/~marcel/tls.html">basic data on
TLS</url>
    <url href="http://www.freebsd.org/kse/index.html">basic threads
page</url>
  </links>

    Threading developers have been active behind the scenes
though not much has been visible. Real Life(TM) has been
hard on us as a group however.
Marcel and Davidxu have both (individually)
been looking at the support
for debugging threaded programs. David has a set of
patches that allow gdb to correctly handle KSE programs and
patches are being considerred for libthr based processes.
MArcell added a Thread ID to allow debugging code to unambiguously
specify a thread to debug.

Dan Eischen continues to support people migrating to
libpthreads and it seems to be going well.

Doug Rabson has done his usual miracle work and produced
a set of preliminary pathces to implement TLS (Thread
Local Storage) for the i386 platform.

Platforms:
{fill in summary here}

</project>