system priorities

Petri Helenius pete at he.iki.fi
Sat May 1 07:27:30 PDT 2004

Daniel Eischen wrote:

>It looks like rtprio will set the priority of the first
>KSEG in the proc's list of KSEGs.  This isn't necessarily
>the first KSEG created (main).  In fact, newly created
>KSEGs get inserted onto the head of the list, so rtprio()
>may act on different KSEGs depending on if it is called
>before or after any KSEG creations.

This sounds like a bug. Could it change the KSEG which called the rtprio
so there would be some deterministic behaviour to the rtprio if used in
threaded program? So I take it from this that rtprio is also broken for
libthr?

>I would really like a Solaris-like priocntl() so that you
>can specify which KSEG (or whatever thing that will hold
>the priority in the future) to act on.

I fail to understand the value of being able to point to other threads
for priority setting? Or are you talking about a facility which would
exist below the rtprio call?

Pete