Loaded MySQL 4.0.18 w/ KSE running nicely

Thomas Hurst tom at hur.st
Mon Mar 22 09:56:45 PST 2004

* Julian Elischer (julian at elischer.org) wrote:

> I'm guessing that you don't have a debug kernel or a core dump right?

You guess right; we'll make one and use that before we try to reproduce
though.

> The big difference between 5.2.1 and -current is that (assuming you
> select the BSD4 scheduler) the threads code has been cleaned up
> somewhat. Some edge cases have been cleened up for example.

Hehe, my collegue says "cleaned up, broke, what's the difference ;)"

> a core-dump would be great however!

Well, hopefully we won't have one, or it'll mean we managed to crash
again.. but otherwise sure ;)

> failing that you could do: (if you have a kernel.debug in your build
> tree)
>
> gdb -k kernel.debug /dev/mem
>
> x/i 0xc061e937
>
> and see what function the pagefault occured in

No kernel.debug either; sorry.  Nice idea though; I'll remember that :)

> even without the kernel.debug there MAY be enough info in /kernel
> to give us a clue.

I'm listening.. :)

Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst - newzBin Developer & Admin - freaky at newzbin.com