Fwd: [kde-freebsd] Problem with qt on freebsd

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Sat Jun 19 14:04:47 GMT 2004

I and others have been able to reproduce the problem on -STABLE and 5.2.1-R,
but not on -CURRENT (my guess is it's probably reproducable on -CURRENT as
well if qt is linked against libc_r instead of libpthread).

Backtraces yield nothing despite full debugging enabled in QT and KDE (you can
enable debugging in the QT port by compiling with -DWANT_QT_DEBUG):
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/home/lofi/./qt-test

0x28de44f8 in __tcf_0 () at kstyle.cpp:295

Could this be some libc_r bug? It's a little heisenbug-ish, not all QT styles
seem to trigger this reliably, perhaps it's even necessary to have some KDE
styles (i.e. kdelibs) installed, I couldn't check yet.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org