signal handler priority issue

David Xu davidxu at freebsd.org
Fri Jun 11 23:24:28 GMT 2004

Sean McNeil wrote:

>On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 15:32, David Xu wrote:
>

>>Sean McNeil wrote:

>>>Also, the mask provided by the sigsuspend call should govern what
>>>handlers get called.  So the sigmask should be left in place until after
>>>the _thr_sig_check_pending(curthread) call.
>>>
>>>Thanks for catching this :)
>>>
>>>Sean
>>>

>>No the patch is still not correct, before
>>_thr_sched_switch_unlocked(curthread) returns, signal will be delivered,
>>so there needs a flag to tell signal dispatching code to use old signal mask
>>when delivering signal to signal handler. I am working on it,
>>thanks for your patch.
>>

>What old signal mask?  It should be the signals that sigsuspend allows
>that get handled within sigsuspend.  Make sure the following can still
>happen:
>
>signal is masked.
>sigsuspend is called with signal unmasked.
>signal comes in or is pending already.
>signal handler is called.
>sigsuspend returns.
>
>Sean

when signal handler is called in sigsuspend(), thread signal
masks is set to the signal set sigsuspend passes and ored with
the signal current is being handled.  uc_sigmask in ucontext is
set to the signal masks before sigsuspend is called, when the
signal handler is returned, uc_sigmask should be copied to
thread's signal mask, then sigsuspend returns. your patch
does not set uc_sigmasks correctly.

David Xu