More on MySQL -- Fatal trap 12

Daniel Eischen eischen at vigrid.com
Thu Feb 19 12:00:05 PST 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Kris Gale wrote:

> > I'm not sure what all the mumbo-jumbo is in your /etc/my.cnf,
> > but commenting out this line:
> >
> >   #set-variable    = key_buffer=1024M
>
> This key buffer is shared amongst the threads.  This is the value
> I have set on an identical machine running -STABLE.

I can't even get mysqld to start with a value this large.

I patched mysql to use process scope threads.  Here is the
patch to databases/mysql40-server:

  http://people.freebsd.org/~deischen/mysql40-server.diffs

The port still uses -lc_r even though it detects -lpthread.
I haven't fixed that, so be sure to keep using libmap.conf.