Question about threads [beaver challenge]

Petri Helenius pete at he.iki.fi
Tue Feb 10 12:02:48 PST 2004

Craig Rodrigues wrote:

>How did you compile and configure MySQL with KSE?

I just did build it out of ports, using libmap.conf to map it to libkse.
No extra options given.

>Did you build it from ports?  If so, what version?
>What configuration did you use?
>
>How big were the tables that you used?
>How many queries did you hit the database with?

The tables I have are multiple gigabytes but the query load is not too
bad on the test system, but it takes a few moments after starting when
the mysqld stops answering to SIGTERM for proper shutdown and only way
to get it to die is SIGKILL which is not exactly what you want to use to
stop a database daemon.

Pete