kse_release and kse_wakeup problem (fwd)

John Baldwin jhb at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 27 10:37:16 PDT 2004

On Tuesday 27 April 2004 10:47 am, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, John Baldwin wrote:

> > > Sorry, patch for b) is at:
> > >
> > > 	http://people.freebsd.org/~deischen/sys.diffs
> >
> > Erm, does sleepq_signal_thread() do anything different than
> > sleepq_remove() (removes a thread from a specified wait channel if and
> > only if the thread is sleeping on that wait channel)?
>
> I guess not.  I thought we would have to search the list of threads
> to ensure it was queued.  I've updated the patch slightly -- added
> thread_upcall_check() and changed where the new thread flags are
> stored:
>
> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~deischen/sys.diffs
>
> If I remove sleepq_signal_thread() and use sleepq_remove() instead,
> does the patch look OK to you?

Sure (looks like you already did).  FWIW, I would just call sleepq_remove()
directly rather than adding a wakeup_thread() function.  sleepq_remove() is
already used for a similar purpose in at least one other place (where we
speed up the syncer).  Thanks for working on this.