FBSD 5.2.CURRENT-p4 and mysqld problems

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Mon Apr 12 18:35:18 PDT 2004

huh?
you are running -current and you don't know we have 3 threading
libraries?
libc_r
libthr   (one kernel thread per user thread, system contention scope)
libpthreads (pretty much all the bells and whistles).

do you mean 5.2-RELEASE-p4
or 5.2.1-RELEASE?
what exactly are you running?
(it makes a difference because libpthread only became the default after
5.2.1)

there is even a whole thread about running mysql linked with -lpthread.
I've cc'd the threads list as I've never run Mysql (ever).
but many on this list have and they can tell you the "gotcha's".