[kde-freebsd] Compiling arts in -CURRENT without -pthread

Will Andrews will at csociety.org
Sat Sep 20 09:47:57 PDT 2003

On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 10:53:04AM -0400, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> Yes, that's really strange.  Are you sure that you have a correct
> libc_r in /usr/lib?  You seem to be building arts in the correct
> manner, and -lc_r _should_ work.

Dan, if PTHREAD_LIBS isn't defined, what library should 5.1C apps
fall back to?  It seems my 5.1C (2003/09/19) system does not have
a libpthread, which I thought it was supposed to.  So, please,
tell me what a reasonable "default" would be to use if
PTHREAD_LIBS is not defined.  Is it -lkse?

Why is FreeBSD not exporting an -lpthread like others seem to be?

Regards,
--
wca