libthr/libkse and Mozilla Firebird

Khairil Yusof kaeru at pd.jaring.my
Sat Sep 6 22:31:48 PDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-09-06 at 20:52, Morten Rodal wrote:

> But only on my laptop.  On my desktop, which is an
> SMP machine, it still exits without a trace.  Performance wise I would
> really like to see libkse work with mozilla on my desktop since it is
> _MUCH_ better on the laptop.

I can confirm that with libpthreads rebuilt 17hrs ago, that
mozilla-firebird + libkse + smp works, so is every other app that is
using libc_r on my system mapped to libkse.

Until the latest fixes, top would show one libkse related process as
stuck in *Giant. When this happens then not just firebird but everything
else libkse related would start acting funny (gkrellm, evolution would
hang, crash etc.)

Everything works well again now, and joe marcus clarke just commited
fixes to hardcoded -pthread in mozilla related ports, to allow it to
build on current.

--
"Optimized, readable, on time; Pick any two."

FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT i386
1:23PM up 16:15, 2 users, load averages: 1.04, 0.59, 0.43