threads and openssl

Jacques A. Vidrine nectar at FreeBSD.org
Wed Nov 19 06:33:59 PST 2003

On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 12:48:31AM +0300, Petri Helenius wrote:
> Jacques A. Vidrine wrote:
>
> >On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 11:52:13PM +0300, Petri Helenius wrote:
> >

> >>Jacques A. Vidrine wrote:
> >>

> >>I ended up putting CFLAGS+=-DOPENSSL_THREADS
> >>in make.conf and recompiling world. Works for me.
> >>
> >>However it would make sense to fix it more cleanly.
> >
> >You then linked against a threading library?  Blew up here.
> >
> I´m sorry but I´m unable to follow your train of thought, please explain.

Can't recall if I replied to this message already.

When I built OpenSSL with -DOPENSSL_THREADS, and then linked an
OpenSSL-using application with one of our threaded libraries, the
application crashed.

Cheers,
--
Jacques Vidrine   NTT/Verio SME      FreeBSD UNIX       Heimdal
nectar at celabo.org jvidrine at verio.net nectar at freebsd.org nectar at kth.se