Transition plans: libkse->libpthread

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at freebsd.org
Fri May 30 17:07:43 PDT 2003

On Fri, 30 May 2003, Daniel Eischen wrote:

> Sometime shortly after 5.1 release, we'll (hopefully) be
> installing libpthread as "libpthread" instead of "libkse"
> by default.  There are some things that need to be fixed
> (signal handling) before this can happen, but we're working
> on it now.
>
> Locally, I install the library as libpthread, but this
> breaks lots of ports that use autoconf and/or libtool.  I
> still have PTHREAD_LIBS unchanged (set to libc_r), but
> that doesn't seem to matter.

What the GNOME people have done is use this little post-patch regex
substitution.  This has been pretty successful.  It may still miss some
obscure -lpthread references, though.  If you find a problem in a port
that uses this, please let me know.

@${REINPLACE_CMD} -e 's|-lpthread|${PTHREAD_LIBS}|g ; \
	s|DATADIRNAME=lib|DATADIRNAME=share|g' ${WRKSRC}/configure

Joe