panic during openoffice build with libkse

Daniel Eischen eischen at pcnet.com
Fri May 30 13:32:15 PDT 2003

On Fri, 30 May 2003, Martin Blapp wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Mine is built, but the damn thing won't install.  This is
> > a fresh installation of openoffice, so there was no prior
> > installation of it.  First it bombed on not finding
> > OpenOffice.org1.0, so a did a 'mkdir /usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.0'
> > and it got past that.  Now it's stopping in other places.
> > What magic am I missing?
>
> Well. I think you should use the graphical install then. Just set
> yout DISPLAY-variable to a working display, then remove "-r:oo_setup.resp"
> from the ports Makefile from line 606.

That didn't work (it's line 566 in my ports Makefile).

> You will then get a graphical install and see the reason for the
> breakage. I'm interested in it too.

I did get a progress bar; it popped up and got to a bit more
than 50% and then went away.  I then got the following errors:

  # make install
  ===>  Installing for openoffice-1.0.3_2
  ===>   openoffice-1.0.3_2 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/perl5.6.1 -  found
  *** Error code 1 (ignored)
  ===>   Generating temporary packing list
  ===>  Add wrapper scripts
  find: OpenOffice.org1.0: No such file or directory
  *** Error code 1

  Stop in /opt/FreeBSD/ports/editors/openoffice.