panic during openoffice build with libkse

Martin Blapp mb at imp.ch
Fri May 30 12:14:49 PDT 2003

Hi all,

> Well, Martin compiles and _runs compiled tools during the office build.
> So libkse can reboot the machine :)

This is definitly true. The build tools heavily use threads, and I
always had some of the tools breaking with either libc_r or now
libkse, libthr. We found one bug this way for libkse.

> BTW, I can reliably crash libkse programs on a SMP box using a trivial
> code snippet. It looks like kernel is trying to lock an uninitialized or
> freed mutes and dies with trap 12 while holding a sched_lock spinlock.
> Not a pretty sight. The offending line is kern_mutex.c:598. Sorry, no
> backtrace yet thanks to schedlock.

I just finished a build of OpenOffice and it seems to run fine !

What about HTT ? Can we use that to emulate several cpu's ?

Martin