malloc(): error: recursive call

Daniel Eischen eischen at pcnet.com
Thu May 29 07:58:13 PDT 2003

On Thu, 29 May 2003, Martin Blapp wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >Note that if you are using my other spinlock patch
> >(from http://people.freebsd.org/~deischen/kse/spinlock.diffs),
> >that also solves the problem but in a slightly different
> >way.  That patch forces the library to reference the
> >spinlock functions (the new spinlock implementation needs
> >some initialization), so the table of references doesn't
> >need to be changed (like the patch in the prior email does).
>
> With this patch konsole from kde seems to work properly. But
> OpenOffice locks now up during startup.

And it didn't lock up before (with libkse and without the
patch)?  I'd be surprised if OpenOffice worked at all
due to rtld-elf not being thread-safe for libkse.  kan
sent some patches to fix this (re@ has them for review)
so you might also try using these to see if OpenOffice
works any better:

  http://people.freebsd.org/~deischen/rtld/rtld.diff
  http://people.freebsd.org/~deischen/rtld/libs.diff

Also, here's the complete patch for the spinlock problem
and the signal handler calling itself repeatedly after
a fork():

  http://people.freebsd.org/~deischen/kse/spinlock.diffs
  (recently updated)