rtprio and kse

Petri Helenius pete at he.iki.fi
Sun Jun 29 15:40:34 PDT 2003

> The rtprio() call affects the KSEG in which the thread runs.
> So it is the KSEG that has the realtime priority, and all
> threads that run in that KSEG will be affected.  This doesn't
> affect other KSEGs, so if you are creating system scope
> threads (each has their own KSEG and KSE), they will only
> be affected if you call rtprio() from their threads.

So if I interpret this correctly, to achieve the "expected" result,
one should link with -lthr, not -lkse? Expected result being
priorities apply only to threads which call for it.

Does -lthr have any (known) issues with spinlocks like linuxthreads has, where
a thread with rtprio going into a spinlock might monopolize the CPU
and the other thread never gets a quantum to actually release the lock?

Pete